The Ginger Cow Company Shepherd's Hut Terms & Conditions
SHEPHERD’S HUT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Bookings made through AirBnB are also bound by AirBnB’s terms. Please refer to these for further details including cancellation policies.
- Bookings are only secured once a deposit has been received. Without a deposit we are unable to hold dates
- Cancellations will be subject to our refund policy detailed below and as such we advise you consider taking out travel insurance
- A 50% deposit is required to secure your booking. The balance is payable on arrival.
- If you need to cancel your booking, please do so at the earliest opportunity. For bookings made 7 days before arrival, your deposit will be non-refundable,
- For any cancellations made within 24 hours arrival, you will be charged in full for your stay. If you have not paid the balance of your stay and invoice will be issued which must be paid within 7 days.
- You will see signs around the farm stating which areas are private – please do not enter any of these areas for your safety and for the safety of the animals on the farm
- Please be considerate of the animals which live around the Shepherd’s hut – loud noises frighten them
- Please do not touch, feed or enter the fields where the animals are located. These animals can be dangerous and we accept no liability for any incident caused in breach of these rules
- When using the kettle and toaster, please pull forward away from the shelves above to avoid fire risk
- Please don’t put anything other than toilet paper down the toilet – things like sanitary towels, tampons and other items can block our very sensitive treatment tank – please use the bin provided in the bathroom
- For wet towels, you will find a hook on the back of the bathroom door. If you require more towels, please let us know
- When showing, please open the window as it is only a small room so condensation occurs quickly
- When leaving the door open on the Shepherd’s Hut, please use the hook to secure it so it doesn’t slam closed
- Please don’t wear shoes in the Shepherd’s Hut to protect the oak floor from damage
- No parties or events
- Check-in time is 3PM – 5PM, with check-out 8-11AM
- When you check out, please leave keys in the Shepherd’s Hut door and ensure all windows & doors are closed
- No visitors or extra guests
- No smoking or e-cigarettes permitted anywhere on the premises
- Before getting into the hot tub, please have a shower to wash off any lotions, deodorant, etc. and try to keep your feet clean before getting in
- Please do not take any glass or food into the hot tub, we have provided you with plastic wine glasses
- In line with UK legislation, we recommend you do not spend more than 15 minutes in the hot tub at a time
- Not use the hot tub after a heavy meal or under the influence of alcohol or sedatives
- Keep your head above the water
- Not exceed the maximum number of bathers per seat (i.e. 3 people)
- Seek medical advice before entering the hot tub if you are pregnant, have health problems or are immunosuppressed
- Do not allow children under four years of age and those unable to keep their head above the water level when sitting, to use the hot tub at any time
- Supervise all children in and around the hot tub
Smoke Detector, Carbon Monoxide Detector, First Aid Kit, Safety Card & Fire Extinguisher are all fitted in the Shepherd’s Hut for your safety
Log Burner Use:
- You will find everything you need for the log burner is waiting for you.
- Building a wigwam structure with paper, followed by kindling and a log or two, light the fire, leaving the vents open to get the fire started
- Please ensure you keep the door closed properly when the fire is lit and never leave the log burner lit with the door open for safety.
- Please also be aware that the handle gets very hot when lit, so please always use the gloves and attachment
- If you have any problems with the log burner, please ask us for assistance
- We’re pleased to say we now allow quiet, well-behaved dogs to stay in the Shepherd’s hut, but please let us know beforehand
- Kindly ensure that when out of the securely fenced area around the Shepherd’s Hut, dogs are kept on a lead at all times, and please make sure you pick up after your dog
- If your dog is trying to get through or over the fenced area of the hut, we have a tether that you’re welcome to borrow so you can relax knowing they can’t escape
- Please can you make sure that pets do not go on the bed or in the hot tub and do not use the towels/blankets
- Please make sure that no pets are left alone at any time in the Shepherd’s Hut and surrounding areas
- We reserve the right to ask any guests with pets not adhering to the above guidance to leave early
- A nighty charge of £12 per dog per night applies – maximum 2 dogs – and is payable on arrival
We live on the edge of the Yorkshire Wolds, a beautiful unspoilt location ideal for long or short walks, cycling, and seeing nature in all its glory. In the local area we have many attractions within just a couple of miles. National Trust houses are dotted all around, and Burnby Hall Gardens and Allerthorpe Lakeland Park are two of the more popular tourist sights.
We live close by the popular market town of Pocklington, which great for local amenities, shopping, cafes, and restaurants. We are also lucky to be situated between two great towns, York and Beverley, both within 20 miles drive boasting lots of history, shopping, and entertainment.
If history is your thing, York has lots to offer; with the famous York Minster, and Jorvik Viking centre, along with the historic city walls and castle museum.
If you’re looking for a beach to walk along or some tasty fish and chips, we are close by Hornsea and Bridlington and not much further we have Scarborough, Filey and the famous Robin Hoods Bay.
Hull was named City of Culture 2017, with lots of activities and fun things to do, including visiting ‘The Deep’. There are so many eating places to choose from, with local pubs, cafes, restaurants and takeaways. Ask us on arrival for our recommendations.
As mentioned, we offer free on-site parking. There is a regular bus service approximately a mile from the farm, situated on the A1079. This bus route runs from York to Hull, stopping at Hayton which is ideal if you would like to visit the big towns, or villages in-between. Taxis run from Pocklington, just a few miles away.
The nearest train stations are Beverley and York. Beverley is 18 miles away and York is 17 miles away.
The Owner reserves the right to pass reasonable charges on to the Guests in the event of any damages caused by the Guests during their stay, such as (but not limited to): the property being left in an unreasonable state, loss or non-return of keys, neglect or damage to the property, damage or loss of contents of the property, smoking inside the property, any extra or excessive cleaning costs required.
Guests bringing bicycles should ensure they are safely locked up and should not be taken into the Shepherd’s Hut. We cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage to any bicycles left on the property
If you’d like to rebook, please contact us directly for our best rates by texting us or message the Ginger Cow on Facebook/Instagram